Monday, September 21, 2009

***MUSIC MONDAY***


So since I started this blog site, I guess I should feel it up with more rants of mine. So y not do an ol' classic "Music Monday"?? Anywho......

My favorite of the new music recently acquired may have to be Jay-Z's "the Blueprint 3". My greatest observation is that on the Timbaland produced "Off That" featuring Drake. As much as Drake's rhyme skills are promoted, did anyone notice that he was reduced to the hook? Is the "much sought after" Drake not good enough for a verse on a Jigga album?? Yet on the next track ("A Star is Born"), funny how he mentions that "Drake's up next/See what he do with it"...did u give him a chance? My fav track on the album?? Prob the Kid Cudi featured "Already Home"...i like the indie sounding stuff....

Speaking of Sir Cudi....his "Man on the Moon: the End of Day" def wasn't what i expected. The whole album drags with the most upbeat song being his Lady Gaga "Pokerface" remix, "Make Her Say". Lyrically the "Kid" gets it done....but I think the song selection could have def been better...but thats jus me.

My last "review" if you will, has me fallin in love with R&B again. Trey Songz does his thing on "Ready". So far, my fav has to be the intro "Panty Droppin"....with "Jupiter Love" being right behind. I love the concept behind "Neighbors Know My Name"...talk about reinventing your craft. I like the ppl who take a stand against recycling...or jus straight up posin...

In the indie category...you HAFTA check out Raphael Saadiq's new group, tha Boogie!! (www.thaboogie.com or www.myspace.com/thaboogie) I love music for music's sake, these are REAL MUSICIANS. Mainstream isn't ready for pure realness, and I'ma do all in my power to get this group out there. They know it too...lol ;-) But check out first lady Korus, NuSchool, and Lejin on YouTube and get on iTunes and download “LOVE THA BOOGIE VOL.1 (Steal This Sh*t!)”

I kno this is short but I'm picky about my new music. Most of the time you will hear me listening to Jodeci's "the Show, the After Party, the Hotel" or some old school Dru Hill or Case (lol...inside joke for those who kno my singin style). Until next time...

RANDOM THOUGHTS

On Twitter, aren't we tired of Bow Wow and Fabolous goin at each other joke for joke? Wouldn't this be so much more effective if they made pseudo-diss tracks about each other?? Jus sayin...

Be on the look out for new music from me...comin soon...

-Blacq





No comments:

Post a Comment